There’s just something special about the hospitality you get only at hotels. Clean, fresh linens on the bed. A perfectly stocked bathroom with fluffy towels and sweet-smelling soaps. And who could forget about room service?
These luxuries make traveling special. A clear upgrade from the routine at home. But with travel currently restricted, why not treat yourself with the same luxuries in your own home? It’s easier than you’d think.
Start in the room that should bring you the most comfort: the bedroom.
- Deep clean and declutter the master suite as much as possible. The fewer unnecessary items in your bedroom, the easier it will be to calm your mind when it’s time to relax.
- Upgrade your linens and pillows to something warm and inviting like plush. Vow to wash them weekly, if you don’t already. Not only is this an important sanitary practice but the fresh sheets will feel like a nice little reset at the start of the week.
- Repaint the walls to a calming color. Think serene blues and purples to instill a calm, comforting aura in your space.
Next, on to the bathroom, or the spa as we like to call it.
- Give everything a thorough scrubbing to start, and then try to keep things clean moving forward. Change out your cleansers to scents you’ll enjoy smelling, too.
- Take inventory of your towels and make any upgrades necessary. There’s nothing quite like stepping out of a shower and into a clean, fluffy towel. You might even invest in a towel warmer! Anything you can do to make your bathroom feel less like the room you shower in and more like a spa, the better.
- Use those upgrades to your advantage. Light some candles, dim the lights and relax in a hot bubble bath every once and a while. You deserve it.
As for the rest of the house?
While risking sounding like a broken record, everything can spare a deep clean and declutter. One of the perks of staying at a hotel is the level of cleanliness and care you get to experience, and that’s probably one of the most rewarding aspects to bring home. Then, light some candles! Not only with the orange glow of the soft flames bring a special ambiance to your home, your space will smell amazing too.
We hope with these tips you can find a renewed sense of comfort in your home, especially during a time when venturing out isn’t really an option. So here’s to sitting back and relaxing in your new hotel life at home!